The APC BX1400U-AZ Back-UPS 1400VA (with Australian sockets) protects up to 6 network devices against power surges, dips, and outages. It’s battery will power your handsets, modem, router, and PoE switch, so you can keep taking calls for a time.
How long will the UPS power my phones?
This UPS is recommended for small and medium-sized offices, and gives extra runtime when deployed at the edge of the network. The amount of time the battery backup works depends on your specific configuration.
- Small office
- 8 port PoE switch (15W) + modem/router/wifi (20W) + 4 handsets (8W each)
- Total 67 W = 115 minutes runtime
- Small office network edge
- 8 port PoE switch (15W) + 4 handsets (8W each)
- Total 47 W = 150 minutes runtime (estimate)
- Medium office
- 24 port PoE switch (30W) + modem/router/wifi (20W) + 12 handsets (8W each)
- Total 146 W = 45 minutes runtime
- Medium office network edge
- 24 port PoE switch (30W) + 12 handsets (8W each)
- Total 126 W = 53 minutes runtime